Namm 2012 News: Dangerous Music - Source
Dangerous Music announced their newest monitor controller, the “Dangerous Source” a portable and desktop unit designed for the engineer on the go or to fit a limited space on the desktop.
It features speaker switching for two sets of speakers, speaker volume, AES/SPDIF digital IN, 2 Stereo Analog IN, dual headphone out with a separate level control, and in addition, it can connect directly to a computer for monitoring of digital audio over USB.
Dangerous Monitor ST/SR
• The Dangerous Monitor ST is a remote-control accessed input source switcher/speaker switcher/cue system/talkback system /headphone amplifier all in a one rack space package.
• The SR is a companion expansion module, providing full 5.1 capability. You ca start in stereo with the ST and expand to surround later simply by adding the SR. No redundancy or obsolescence!
• Configure and control your entire system from the comfort of your sweet spot.
1. Analog stepped-attenuator: volume control/No level control IC’s used – pristine, accurate and repeatable.
2. 4 input sources: Switch between your DAW outputs, DVD player, CD player, tape machines, etc.
3. 3 speaker outputs: Switch between up to 3 sets of monitors
4. Programmable input gain offsets: Adjust for and store level offsets for different source devices
5. Input level compensation for –10dBV and +4dBu sources: Instantly adjust and store gain compensation for consumer devices
6. Input 4 has continuously variable level offset: Compensate for commercial CD levels and perform true A/B comparisons without compromising sound quality.
7. Programmable output level offsets: Fine-tune and store offsets to achieve equal apparent loudness on all your control room speakers - SR unit has continually variable level trims for L-R rear, center and LFE.
8. Assignable subwoofer output: Choose and store which sets of speakers you want to use with your sub
9. Programmable subwoofer level offset: Adjust and store subwoofer levels, easily alternate between sub function and LFE function
10. Selectable subwoofer filtering: Select and store subwoofer filter options for each set of speakers. Switch between full bandwidth for surround mixing and bottom octave only for stereo work.
11. Comprehensive speaker: Mute and Solo easily mute and solo speakers in any combination
12. Flexible stereo cue system with main and auxiliary inputs: Make your performers happy with a great headphone mix or use the aux input as a Beep channel to monitor computer alert tones or click tracks on the main speakers.
13. Onboard cue power amp: 40 watts of clean power for your headphones
14. Talkback system with dual control and dedicated slate output: Give the producer his own talkback button! Easily slate tracks, or send the slate output to a speaker for open-air talkback
15. SR unit has selected source output: Send source signals to meters or any other external device
Dangerous Additional Switching System
• Fully modular system-Expandable on demand
• Add up to 2 banks of 2 options each
• Many additonal functions with custom options
As mixing boards go the way of tape machines in many control rooms dependable monitor control and input switching become the most critical part of any studio set-up. Every decision made is based on what you hear, or what you don’t hear, through the monitor system. In today’s professional control rooms quality monitor control means a great sounding, uncolored signal path with immediate and intuitive control. A flexible upgrade path would be nice...
The best has just gotten better. With the Dangerous Additional Switching System you can customize the nerve center of your studio to your liking, on your schedule. From stereo to 5.1 surround, to video switching and digital conversion capabilities the A.S.S. kicks. Together with Monitor ST and SR it makes up the most comprehensive monitor controller system ever avbailable.
Dangerous D-BOX: Combination Summing and Monitoring System
Perfect for the Modern Workflow and Compact Environment of the Mobile and Small-Footprint DAW Studio Setup
• Analog Summing
• Monitor Control
• On-board D/A conversion
• Headphone Cue
• Simultaneous Input Monitoring
More and more records are being tracked and mixed in remote or temporary locations with mobile DAW rigs. Control room setups can be tight. A reliable and flexible audio environment is a must. No need to sacrifice mix quality or struggle with monitor control! For integrated monitoring, mixing, and input selection for the computer musician on the go, the Dangerous D-Box is the uncompromising and affordable solution for all DAW-based musicians and engineers who need to trust what they hear.
• Unmatched Analog Summing Section
• Superb Onboard D/A Converter
• 2 Speaker Outputs
• Affordable for all DAW studio owners